How to apply
UCAS Teacher Training Apply 2017 entry is now live
All applications must be via UCAS. To watch a video on how to apply please click on this link:
What to expect
Interviews may be spread over two days:
- You will give a brief presentation from a choice of topics and answer a few questions on the presentation. There will then be a formal interview. You will also be asked to complete a short English test.
- During day two you will deliver a short lesson with the opportunity to reflect on it and on your subject.
Throughout the process we are looking for candidates who have the potential to be a good, or better, teacher and who have a real love of their subject and a genuine interest in education and teaching.
The teaching profession looks for the highest quality candidates, so you’ll need to meet these requirements to apply:
- You’ll need a degree 2:2 or above awarded by a UK university, or a recognised equivalent qualification.
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at grade C or above
Candidates should have spent at least five days recently in a secondary school and also five days in a primary school. This will give you an up to date view of what education is like from the teacher point of view.
You will need to pass the DfE skills tests
Candidates can book their skills tests once they have submitted their application through UCAS Teacher Training. You can book in advance of this as long as an application is submitted before you attend the test centre.
You will need to take:
Two forms of identification – a primary ID such as a passport, and a secondary ID this can be for example a debit card. More information can be found on the STA website.
You will also have to take proof of your teacher training application. The evidence that will be accepted are:
· a welcome email from UCAS Teacher Training
· correspondence from your school or university
· a copy of a completed UCAS Teacher Training application form
· confirmation of, or an invitation to, an interview from your school or university
For more information please visit: http://sta.education.gov.uk
From the offer of a place we expect candidates to take the tests within eight weeks. However, they can be taken before interview - they are valid for three years.