Register and Prepare to start Teacher Training in 2019
Applications for teacher training open in early October. Register now with DfE Get Into Teaching to get a head start with your preparation before they open.
Get ready for applications opening
Start a career where you’ll be able to go home each day knowing you’ve made a difference. The UCAS Teacher Training application portal opens in early October, but there’s plenty you can do now to start preparing for your new career. Follow these five steps, so you’re in a position to apply early - resulting in a greater choice as to where you train to teach, as many popular courses fill up quickly. To get a head start before applications open, you should:
- register with us to receive support from our experienced teachers, so you’ll be able to make a successful application when UCAS applications open, when you register you’ll also be able to book local train to teach events
- read our guide on preparing your personal statement, here you should make sure you demonstrate the great qualities you have that would make you an effective teacher, highlighting any experience you’ve had with children, which could include relevant school experience you’ve gained
- consider your two references needed for your application, let them know in advance they’ve been selected as you can’t submit your application without these
- from 2 October, use the search tool to find available courses – you’ll be able to search by location, training provider and subject; register with us, so we can keep you updated when the tool becomes available
- practice completing the mandatory skills test in numeracy and literacy - read our guide on preparing for the tests
To support you when you train there’s a number of funding options available. To note: the information displayed on this website is for trainees starting this year, updated information for 2019/20 will be available soon, register with us and we’ll make sure you’re kept up to date with the latest announcements.